Monday 19 March 2018

Learning the metamorphosis: comic.

Hello mates!
Today I'm going to talk about an amazing tool that I have discovered in my last class.
Have you ever used comics as a resource in your lessons? I'm sure that yes. Children love comics because they are very visual. Comics are a mix of images, dialogue and character expressions. Comics break down a story's plot and text into bite-sized chunks  and this is easier for our brain to process than reading a large amount of text on a page.

I have always used comics to encourage students to like reading and also I have always read comics when I was a student. But in that cases the comics where written in a traditional book. In this case, the comics are on a webpage and the more exciting thing is that you can create them!
There are different pages to make your own comics as for example:
- StoryboardThat: http://www.storyboardthat.com

To create my comic I have used StoryboardThat: http://www.storyboardthat.com
I like this one because is very easy to use, you don't need to be a proficient ICT to use it. The webpage is very intuitive. On the top you can find the different plots, characters, texts to write your story, etc. You have many option to create the story as personalised as you want.
StoryboardThat has  a problem, you just can create six cells as maximum for free. Otherwise you will have to pay. But even with this, I found it an amazing resource, with a lot of options to create fantastic stories.
Like with all the materials that teachers create, you should have an aim of your comic. In my case, I have created a comic about a school situation where the main character feels frustrated with a subject matter.
In the comic the students will be able to understand vocabulary related with some emotions and they will learn how to face a struggling situation that they can find in their school.

Below you can see my comic. I hope you like it and help you.
Thanks for reading.
Laura.




Made with Storyboard That

No comments:

Post a Comment

SEE YOU SOON ICT.

Hello everyone, This is the end of this adventure, but just for a while. I hope to come soon with new ideas to share with you. In thi...